The South Dakota State Poetry Society seeks chapbook-length poetry manuscripts for our 2019 Chapbook Contest. All South Dakota residents are welcome to submit. The winner of the chapbook contest receives publication and author copies, and the chapbook is typically debuted at the annual South Dakota Festival of Books.
- Daniel G. Snethen, “Bird” (2018, judged by Valerie Wetlaufer)
- Whitnee Thorp, “Cicurate” (2017, judged by Fred Yannantuono)
- Barbara Duffey, “The Verge of Thirst” (2016, judged by Gary Dop)
2. Contest open to South Dakota residents only.
- Table of Contents with no personal information.
- Title Page with just the chapbook title and no personal identification.
- A manuscript of poetry with no personal information (only the title and the poem) included; poems do not have to be titled.
An acknowledgments page listing poems that have been published previously, as well as the periodical, anthology or book, and date of publication.